Welcome to the SpeakOut! Blog

Break the silence that surrounds sexual assault, sexual harassment, interpersonal violence, relationship abuse, stalking, hate crimes, and identity-based violence. Share your story here on our anonymous blog.

To speak about an experience with any form of interpersonal violence is difficult, but it is also empowering. Breaking the silence reduces shame and helps others to speak out about their own experiences.

End the shame. Be empowered. Speak Out!

Thank you for Speaking Out! We would love to get your permission to share your testimonial. If you would like to allow your testimonial to be used at a later Speak Out!, please let us know by making a comment or a note in your testimonial.

We are holding our spring Speak Out! on April 16th, 2018 from 7-9 pm in The Pit. For more information, check our Facebook page.

Because this blog features stories of interpersonal and sexual violence, we offer this *content warning* as a way of caution. We also ask that you do not reproduce any of the content below, as the authors of these personal stories are anonymous, and cannot give consent for their stories to appear anywhere other than this blog or at a Project Dinah-led SpeakOut event.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

" Your clean" he says as he shuts of the shower. " You worry me, you are going burn yourself bad. I wish you would stop doing this,I know it is not that easy. Just remember I love everything about you." I do not move I am bright red, huddle down, crying, in the tub. Finally, I lift my head, " I just want to feel clean, I want my innocence back, you don't understand, your a guy, just like they are." Then I realize I really hurt him. "I 'm..." , " I know you are sorry. Just remember what has happened to you is not your fault. "
HE turns around and give me a towel, I just quit my job due a guy choked me and put hand down my pants, it caused me to regress. I was raped but my older brother for nine years and then brutally raped in collage that hurt me for life, I still have physical therapy over four years later.
"why are you so different, I have never let you touch me like that?" I ask
"I would like to think most guys are like me and they are that abnormal. I do not need sex from you, I just need you."
I smile,I realize I may still see myself dirty but the he my fiance does not. I may have nightmares from what these guys did but I will surviive this. I also know that all men will not hurt me. I thought my life would never be the same but there is life after Rape it is not easy but it can be great>

No comments: