Welcome to the SpeakOut! Blog

Break the silence that surrounds sexual assault, sexual harassment, interpersonal violence, relationship abuse, stalking, hate crimes, and identity-based violence. Share your story here on our anonymous blog.

To speak about an experience with any form of interpersonal violence is difficult, but it is also empowering. Breaking the silence reduces shame and helps others to speak out about their own experiences.

End the shame. Be empowered. Speak Out!

Thank you for Speaking Out! We would love to get your permission to share your testimonial. If you would like to allow your testimonial to be used at a later Speak Out!, please let us know by making a comment or a note in your testimonial.

We are holding our spring Speak Out! on April 16th, 2018 from 7-9 pm in The Pit. For more information, check our Facebook page.

Because this blog features stories of interpersonal and sexual violence, we offer this *content warning* as a way of caution. We also ask that you do not reproduce any of the content below, as the authors of these personal stories are anonymous, and cannot give consent for their stories to appear anywhere other than this blog or at a Project Dinah-led SpeakOut event.

Monday, January 25, 2010

When I tell guys I don't believe in relationships, when I say I won't date them but I'll just be their "fuck buddy", they tell me, "You're every guy's dream!"

Well, I don't want to be your dream. I'm just waiting for someone to heal me. I wonder what it's like to feel love. I have sex with whoever and don't feel a thing about it because my first several experiences with sex were abusive and destroyed me. So I have lots of sex but don't feel a thing. Is it normal to be happy with this and run away from love and intimacy?

I may seem like your careless "freaky" girl, but I am totally disconnected. I don't even feel you, and I will laugh at you if you try to connect with me. Long term sexual abuse and one sexual assault has taught me that my body is there for your pleasure. Not my pleasure or my well-being.

One day, I would like to know what it's like to fall in love or what it's like to care about what MY body deserves.

No comments: